Raw Vegan Mango Fruit Tarts (Nut-Free & GF)
What better dessert for yourself and family than a 100 percent real fruit-filled tart. All fresh, natural, preservative and chemical-free ingredients. This recipe by Christine Roseberry of Just Glowing with Health is an awesome, healthy option for children. They will not miss the refined sugar!
5 Medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cup dried apricots (these need to be soft. If needed, soak in a minimal amount of purified water, for 15 minutes or until soft).
3/4 cup dried shredded coconut
1 ripe Ataulfo mango, peeled, flesh scooped out into a blender
To make the crust:
1) Put above ingredients in a food processor and pulse blend until it becomes a coarse sticky mix. Be careful not to over process. Scoop the mix into the two tart molds press evenly into the molds making sure to press the sides up high. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
To make the filling:
1) Blend the mango until smooth
2) Take the crusts out of the freezer and pour in the mango filling evenly into each mold
3) Put back into the freezer for 45 minutes
4) Take out of the freezer and (optional) top with berries
5) Take out of molds and serve
Take a moment to sit relax and enjoy each bite with a smile!
About the Chef
Christine Roseberry is the creator of Just Glowing with Health, a blog where she shares her passion for raw foods, healthy living, and her personal journey of healing fibromyalgia naturally. She began her raw food journey back in 2011 in a desperate search to take control of her health, after having suffered with fibromyalgia for over 15 years. Christine is a Certified Holistic Nutrition Practitioner and Registered Nurse. She is passionate about sharing the raw food lifestyle with the world and teaching individuals how to ignite their GLOW and reclaim their health! It is her desire to share with you how simple, easy and delicious the raw food lifestyle can be.
Follow Christine on social media!