Breakfast and Brunch
- Published: 11/8/2018 3:13 PMMore Detail
While there's nothing wrong with healthy carbs from whole plant-based sources, (our bodies need energy!) sometimes it's nice to choose lower carb options for a few meals, especially this time of year when there is certainly no deficit of carbs around most of us. Yes, leftover Halloween candy...we're looking at you.
This smoothie recipe by Priscilla Soler of Gastrawnomica is not only super easy to make but is packed with fiber, antioxidants, healthy fats and plant protein.
- Published: 8/8/2018 5:37 PMMore Detail
What better dessert for yourself and family than a 100 percent real fruit-filled tart. All fresh, natural, preservative and chemical-free ingredients. This recipe by Christine Roseberry of Just Glowing with Health is an awesome, healthy option for children. They will not miss the refined sugar!
- Published: 7/26/2018 5:23 PMMore Detail
Looking for a delicious and power packed breakfast or snack that will keep you fueled for hours? You will love this tropical and energizing chia pudding recipe by Marina Yanay-Triner of Soul in the Raw. Full of fiber and loads of plant-based protein, omega fatty acids, and calcium thanks to chia seeds, a super seed with an impressive list of health benefits. This recipe also serves as a great healthy dessert option that won't weigh you down or leave you in a refined sugar coma. Enjoy!
- Published: 7/17/2018 5:19 PMMore Detail
Just a few key ingredients make this recipe by Amanda Brocket of The Raw Food Kitchen both wickedly delicious, and also easy. The key is to work with the flavors of raw cacao so you have a yummy sweet chocolate icing and a nice bitter chocolate bottom. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and 100% plant-based. Eat fresh or cut them up into small bites and enjoy snacky sized brownie bites straight from the freezer.
- Published: 7/11/2018 5:23 PMMore Detail
This oil-free raw vegan lasagna recipe by Marina Yanay-Triner of Soul in the Raw has many delicious, creamy layers. If you have kids get them involved in the making! They'll find the layering and colors really fun. It is nothing like the traditional, greasy lasagna. Full of healthy fats, greens, and vegetables. It is extremely water-rich, and even oil free.
- Published: 3/22/2018 5:39 PMMore Detail
This recipe by Julie Van den Kerchove of Julie's Healthy Lifestyle makes a great breakfast or dessert to share, and it also happens to be sugar-free! Perfect as a healthy sweet treat or a post-workout snack. The smoothie is loaded with antioxidants and very high in vitamin C thanks to the berries – great to boost your energy levels and protect you against colds and the flu. You could pour it into popsicles as well to turn it into a summery ice cream treat!
- Published: 3/7/2017 5:28 AMRutabaga isn't a vegetable that gets a whole lot of lime light in raw food prep, however it's delicate sweetness, mild flavor, and hearty texture makes it a versatile ingredient if you know how and when to use it. In this creative recipe by Anya of Golubka, rutabaga is the star ingredient in a tasty gluten-free, dehydrated pizza crust topped with a spicy hummus spread, green olive tapenade, and marinated mushrooms. Enjoy!More Detail
- Published: 3/7/2017 5:29 AMLooking for ways to give your favorite carb-based comfort foods a run for their money? Did you know you can make a very real-tasting spaghetti with 100% vegetables? Yes, spaghetti that actually tastes GOOD. Try using a base of zucchini or cucumber, or a mixture of the two! You will need a spiral slicer in order to make the perfect noodle. This recipe by Tiasha Slana of Shine with Nature also features a delicious, low fat, ultra-simple raw marinara sauce. Enjoy!More Detail
- Published: 11/21/2016 6:03 PMThis hearty, classic family supper is destined to become one of your favorite raw vegan dishes. It's so satisfying and super comforting. Instead of traditional potatoes (which wouldn't be too appetizing eaten raw), this recipe by Tiasha Slana of Shine with Nature uses a mashed " no-tato" recipe made with a base of raw cauliflower and tahini complete with a sun-dried tomato sauce on top made from a delicious mixture of carrots, celery, cremini mushrooms and other goodies. Enjoy!More Detail
- Published: 11/10/2016 4:35 PMMore DetailThese wonderfully soft and fluffy pancakes by Tiasha Slana of Shine with Nature are raw, gluten-free, and contain only ONE ingredients - just PERFECT! Try them with raw nutella, stone ground almond butter, and fresh fruit. Perfect for this weekend's brunch.Pancakes
- Published: 9/22/2016 5:21 PMA delicious raw vegan falafel buddha bowl by Crystal Bonnet of Raw Revive made with sprouted chickpeas instead of cooked! Sprouting legumes is very important because they are coated in phytic acid and when consumed do not allow your body to absorb nutrients and cause digestion problems. Sprouting not only neutralizes phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors but also changes the composition so nutrient levels are increased. New to Sprouting? Check out this Youtube video from Yum Universe!More Detail
- Published: 4/28/2016 6:29 PMIt's time to dust off those spiralizers and take advantage of all of the beautiful heirloom carrots now available at the farmer's market. This dressing recipe by Chris Anca of Tales of a Kitchen is a simple blend of flavor-packed ingredients like miso, ginger and yuzu juice, a sour type of citrus found in Asia. If you cannot get your hands on yuzu or bottled yuzu juice, the recipe works well with lime juice or even lemon combined with orange juice.More Detail
- Published: 2/2/2016 4:29 PMUnlike leafy green salads, this yummy dishis one that you could easily make the night before and have it ready to go for the morning to take to lunch. The longer it sits the flavors can really be absorbed. If you've been searching for more creative ways to enjoy your veggies raw start here with this flavorful, Asian-style dish by Christine Roseberry of Just Glowing with HealthMore Detail